This is what you get when you design, print out, and mail your Christmas cards in 24 hours. I was enjoying doing everyone's Christmas pictures this year so much, we completely forgot to do our own! No fear though, I'm hear to tell you it can get done... with a few cut corners! Here is how it was done:
- Take the picture. It definitely helps to be a professional photographer, but if your not... just a picture from your digital camera is fine! This was actually our 3 attempt for a picture, the little one was not to thrilled about posing for us, or even being put down in the cold weather. :-)
- Put you picture in the computer and design the card. This was done using Illustrator and Photoshop... but it could work using Microsoft Word or similar as well.
- Print them out at Kinkos... I know, but it's your only option! As you can see, this card has a lot more to it than actually got mailed out. That's because the quality of the pictures was just awful when prints and I couldn't put my name on them! So now you know what they were suppose to look like! Hey, that's what you get when you have 24 hours.
- Cut them down to size and put them in the envelopes, put on stamps, and send off.
- For an extra little touch, you can make your own envelope labels! The ones above were designed in Illustrator off of some cute ones I spotted on minted. Just print them on label paper and wrap them around the envelope for a unique touch!
SO, there ya go. Christmas cards in 24 hours. I didn't say they would be amazing, or beautifully printed, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do! Hope you enjoy!