8.02.2011

{button up boomers... oh my}






So,  let me start by saying that some of you probably don't know this but one of my main forms of nesting during the last part of my pregnancy was making bloomers.  Lots, and lots of bloomers.  I went out and got a pattern and went to town.  It almost would be considered obsessive,  especially considering she only wore a couple pairs for a few minutes after she was born! {see top picture}

Well,  I think I've found my replacement for the bloomers.  I saw the "Button-Up Bloomers" on a website when I was browsing for diaper covers... I had seen someone make a pair with an old antique flour sack and and oxford shirt and wanted to make them.  {still plan on it!}  The girl who did the tutorial was on project runway at one point and now enjoys making clothes for her daughter and posting tutorials on how to make them.

With all that said,  here is my first of many pairs!  I think they are adorable and were super easy to make! {took one 3 hour naptime}  Pepper Mae seems to be very comfortable crawling around in them and they are so easy to take off and on.  The possibilities are endless...  I just paired them with a grey tank from Baby Gap.  One of the next pairs will be ones I make for her 1st Birthday to wear during her smash cake,  and will be a beautiful Kokka pink striped fabric with light blue piping!

Next project?  Jackson's suspenders I found on a DIY boys accessory tutorial on Babble.  They are going to be light blue with white dots and will coordinate with Pepper Mae on her birthday.  Can't wait to show pictures of Jackson showing them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment