10.18.2011

Little Red {the cape}


Okay so this is what I've been working on the last couple weeks!  I'm not going to lie this is just about the 3rd attempt,  but I'm loving it now!  I ended up intertwining a Simplicity cape pattern I bought for the hood and a Martha Stewart tutorial on her website for the body.  The seem ripper would have been my best friend... if I had one!  The tips of fingers still tingle when I touch things because of how many times I had to rip out entire seems with my exact-o knife, haha.  

The outside is red wool (thank you Joann's Fabrics for the 50% off coupon!) and then I did a beautiful Liberty print for the inner lining.  Then what's not better than a pair of red boots to top it off?  You won't be able to see this beauty on her until I take the pictures for halloween (with cousin Jackson in his Pottery Barn Wolf costume)!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment