4.29.2011

{on the menu}


So what is everyone planning on doing this weekend?  Tomorrow I have an exciting Maternity shoot then the rest of the weekend I will be using this baby's stock I made today.  Baby's stock is used in recipes for baby food in place of water,  and is packed with loads of nutrients.  Also,  it's super easy to make which is always a plus in my book!  Hopefully I'll be able to get a freezer full {or at least a couple weeks worth} of baby food out of it for Miss Pepper Mae.



Literally,  all you do it bring 6 spears of asparagus,  a leek, and 1/2 a sweet potato to boil in 1 1/2 cups of water.  Then,  lower the heat to a simmer for about an hour.  Lastly you strain out the liquid,  and there you go!  Use it in any recipe in place of water,  or even put it in the sippie cup!  It keeps for 3 days in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.  


What do you do with all those leftover veggies you might ask?  Well,  you blend them in the food processor and feed them to your youngster!


What is a blog post without a picture of the inspiration for this blog... enjoying her vegetable medley and prune puree!  Next,  I will post {time willing} what tasty dishes I use this baby's stock in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment