4.05.2011

updates {and probably more than you care to know}

So, our little pepper Mae is 7 month old now! Who knew keeping a family blog and on top of that a photo blog would be so difficult. If you read this, sorry for the lack of updates! I'm going to try to get back in the groove of it.

Honestly, I wish I had kept up with this because I don't remember the past 3 months! I guess the most important milestone (in my opinion) is her recently starting sleeping through the night. For a while there she was getting up around 4am every night to eat then going back to sleep until 8am. Joe and I went through a dilemma for a bit on weather to "let her cry", and after 3 days of torture and her never letting up, we decided it wasn't for her and haven't let her cry since. Don't get me wrong, it's right for some babies and works well, but not for this child! I feel like the motherly instinct to go in when a baby cries is there for a reason. Anyways, I knew she would eventually stop wanting the 4am feeding, and she did! Also, she takes 2 awesome naps a day now and we are in heaven. If only Joe and I could go to bed earlier we would be doing good!

Here are some other notable things Pepper Mae does:

-- sits up without any support
-- she's a pro and rolling from her back to her stomach. This was all practiced at night in her crib... never during the day. She's a peculiar little thing. But apparently, she has been wanting to sleep on her stomach since about 4 months and the poor thing just couldn't get on it. She sleeps on her stomach all night now... like a rock!
-- she's eating pears, sweet potatoes, and oatmeal. We are trying other foods but she is reluctant. (homemade by her mommma!)
-- she says "baba..." and two days ago started to say "dada...".
--she does this funny thing when she gets excited. She opens her mouth and breaths in and out really fast over and over. It's hilarious. My sister has a video... maybe one day she will post it!
--she used to kinda just shake things that make noise, and recently she has learned to, what I call, "shake the crap" out of things, haha! It's also very amusing.
--her favorite toy is Dakota... whom has to this day rarely acknowledges her (only when Pepper Mae has spit up on her shirt, Dakota is there in a second... gross!)
--she has recently started "practicing" getting up on her knees while she is sleeping. Again, so peculiar. She gets up on her knees and sleeps that way all night but doesn't do it during the day in front of anyone!
-- this is my favorite thing,  she has started openly giving "kisses".  One day I was holding her and she turned her head,  looked me straight in the eyes,  and laid a big one on me!  Then a few days later my mom was holding her and she laid one on her cheek a couple times in a row.  Now she pretty much gives them openly when she wants to spread the love.  I guess she figures we have been kissing her for 7 months now so she has decided to pitch in.  SO SWEET!
--lastly, she is getting a bottom tooth in! This morning Joe noticed a little white pointy thing on her gum, and it is a tooth...so exciting!

We have been preparing for Easter for months and it's still a few weeks away.  She has at least 3 options for easter outfits,  and an Easter basket with a soon to be engraved liner reading "Pepper Mae" in teal.  I also have plans to grow some Wheat grass in containers and use real dyed hollowed out egg shells to put candy in (not for her,  of course!).  Her and Jackson also have been coordinated for Easter pictures (big surprise!) ha.  I'm sure I will post those when we take them.

Thats really all I can think of for right now,  plus the Teen Mom 2 reunion is recording and of course I can't miss that!  More soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment