6.20.2011

{on the menu}


Here is one of Pepper Mae's favorite meals lately for dinner.  We have been trying to implement at least one "finger food" each meal so she will gradually start switching to table food.  Here is what is pictured {all completely organic and homemade by me}:

  • Top Left: Peaches... sometimes mango or plums.
  • Top Right: A mixture of baby yellow potatoes, butternut squash {peeled and seeded}, and fuji apple {one cup of each, sautéed in 1 tbsp. of olive oil, then brought to a boil and simmered in 1 1/2 cups baby stock for approx. 30 min. until tender.} Somedays this might be just butternut squash because after I make it I'm left with so many frozen cubes of butternut I have to use it!
  • Lower: Baby Peas 


For breakfast,  she usually has some pear and oatmeal, and for lunch, she will have some type of pureed fruit like prunes, banana or blueberry and then some organic "super puffs", along with small cut up fruit.

I have been having difficulty figuring out how to mix her foods and our foods together in meals.  I'm sure it will come once she's solely on solid foods,  but Joe and I will definitely have to start eating ALOT healthier!  

No comments:

Post a Comment